ADMIRAL DAVID G. FARRAGUT,
(July 5, 1801
– August 14, 1870)
as a Lieutenant Commander at age 37
Rare Ca 1838 image
Engraving on paper
Date Ca 1838
Unframed 13" W x 19" H
PRICE $60.00 includes shipping to 48 contiguous States
| " |
The original engraving at age 37, around the time he took
command of the Sloop Erie, is in our collection
FARRAGUT'S HISTORY OF COMMANDS:
- 1812, assigned to the Essex.
- 1815 – 1817, served in the Mediterranean Sea aboard the Independence and the Macedonian.
- 1818, studied ashore for nine months at Tunis.
- 1819, served as a lieutenant on the Shark.
- 1823, placed in command of the Ferret.
- 1825, served as a lieutenant on the Brandywine.
- 1826 – 1838, served in subordinate capacities on various vessels.
- 1838, placed in command of the sloop Erie.
- 1841, attained the rank of commander.
*Mexican-American War, commanded the sloop of war, Saratoga.
- 1848 – 1850, duty at Norfolk, Navy Yard in Virginia.
- 1850 – 1854, duty at Washington, D.C.
- 1855, attained the rank of Captain.
- 1854 – 1858, duty establishing Mare Island Navy Yard at San Francisco Bay.
- 1858 – 1859, commander of the sloop of war Brooklyn.
American Civil War,Commander of the
1860 – 1861, stationed at Norfolk Navy Yard.
- January 1862, commanded USS Hartford and the West Gulf blockading squadron of 17 vessels.
- April 1862, took command of occupied New Orleans.
- July 16, 1862, promoted to rear admiral.
- June 23, 1862, wounded near Vicksburg, Mississippi.
- May 1863, commanded USS Monongahela.
- May 1863, commanded the USS Pensacola.
- July 1863, commanded USS Tennessee.
September 5, 1864, offered command of the North Atlantic Blocking
Squadron, but he declined.
- December 21, 1864, promoted to vice admiral.
- April 1865, pallbearer for the funeral of Abraham Lincoln.
- July 25, 1866, promoted to admiral.
- June 1867, commanded USS Franklin.
- 1867 – 1868, commanded European Squadron.
A beautiful print that captures
the one of America's famous Naval heroes at a young age
FLAT RATE INSURED SHIPPING to 48 contiguous States
OUR UNCONDITIONAL NO NONSENSE GUARANTEE: If not
completely satisfied with your purchase it may be returned within five days of receipt in its original packaging if without
damage. Return items must be insured for their full value. Only a prior email authorization from us for the return is
required. Shipping charges are included in this offer if an error is due to our fault.
International buyers welcome, but you
are responsible for knowing the import laws of your country. We have satisfied customers in Argentina, Australia,
Austria, Belgium, Bermuda, British Virgin Islands, Canada, Chile, China, Czech Republic, Democratic Republic of Congo,
Denmark, Estonia, England, France, Germany, Greece, Holland, Hong Kong, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Japan, Kuwait,
Latvia, Malaysia, Martinique, Mexico, New Zealand, Norway, Nova Scotia, Panama, Poland, Portugal, Puerto Rico, Romania,
Saudi Arabia, Scotland, Singapore, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Thailand, Turkey, United Arab Emirates, USVI and the Eastern
Copyright 2010 - 2009 by Land And Sea Collection™, All Rights Reserved