Brass Bell from
Motor Trawler Mt. Everest (A-42)
Presented is a very fine bell from the Motor Trawler Mount Everest. The ship was built for Seafield Fishing Co., by the John Lewis & Son Shipard in Aberdeen, Scotland in 1955 and launched the following year. The ship was 120 Ft. in length by 25′ Beam and 12 Ft. draft. She had a 7000 lb fishing capacity and appears to have been fishing in Ice Landic waters until 2008. We are unaware of any history beynd that period.
Dimensions: Overeall Ht: 11″ Ht. to Shoulder: 9″ Diameter at Base: 12″ Weight: 23 lbs.
Back Side of Bell
Showing Top Mounting Bracket an Interior of Bell